Choices.



I make my own choice. I am my own choice. I resolve my own circumstances.

I need nobody to police myself. I am responsible primarily not to anybody but to myself. I love all that I am. I mean what I say and say what I mean. I think, I will and I act.

My hand is my life. My world is my ink. My thought is its soul. The transformations of my thoughts into written words are my strength made visible.

I don't believe in dreams for dreams are proof of mediocrity. I believe my mind, my reason, my self-esteem. I take no pride from anybody. 


I desire for peace through generous toleration of mutual differences. I love pluralism of ideas, but I know that the most logical is the most convincing.

I'd like to see myself as a fulfilled homemaker, a constant gardener, expert on information technology, a development worker, a peace advocate & journalist and a person constantly endeavoring to translate principle-centered leadership.

I used to hear people talking about "working with a heart". I thought about writing about what people felt. But it wasn't just about other people's feelings. It is also about putting passion with work while devoiding pressures within pressures... a "space to breath" within hardships and fatigues. Else, we will be empowering other opinions, commentaries and hates against our goals, directions and plans.

I used to collect white stones at the pristine beaches of Siraway and Sibuco of Zamboanga peninsula; marched to the minesite but did not returned gravid with wisdom; wore all colorful malongs in Lanao areas; escaped death in an ambuscade at Butig, Lanao at the height of 2000 war; hiked through the forests infested with leaches; and have appreciated the depth of integration  I had with Muslim community at Marawi while schooling at Mindanao State University-Marawi city.

I met and live with my Muslim Maranaw friends for almost a decade and still maintaining the beauty of friendship within the light of interfaith dialogue.

I am appreciating the traditional and customary system of the Subanen and other tribes which needs to be harnessed and harmonized with the modern social and political system.

Lately, I am meeting religious groups leaders and friends who are fighting for truth to triumph relating to congressional race of first district of Iligan city and Lanao del Norte. The political quandary heightened when PBOC canvassed the certificates of canvass from the towns of Maigo, Kauswagan and Bacolod, Lanao del Norte that are tampered and altered. They demanded Comelec en banc to proclaim their representative that truly reflects the will of the people as manifested in the authentic copies of CoCs. They dubbed themselves Movement for Truth, Justice and Peace.

I believe that peace is a process. It can't be achieve within a lifetime. It is a value that we all must work for.

The issue on peace is not just an issue on economic depravity, political marginalization, cultural minoritization, and social dismemberment. It is also an issue of sensitivity, respect, tolerance and ability to communicate one's dreams and aspirations to another while appreciating differences and possibilities.

Popular posts from this blog

Exec. Order 70: anxieties in the peace fronts

Mga Kwentong May Ilustrasyon